89 F150 upshift problem

Some times the automatic transmission in my 89 F150 won't up shift into high gear. I have to back off the throttle and punch it again to get it to go. Anybody here have any ideas about what's wrong?

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

No way to tell. In '89 you had several engine and trans options. Each worked a little differently.

Reply to
lugnut

It has a fuel injected 302 V8 but I don't know the specifics on the transmission. How do I find out which one it has?

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W