92 Ranger Front end

I just replaced all ball joints, tie rods and wheel bearings on my 1992 Ranger 2wd. When I had it apart I noticed that the brake caliper pistons on both sides were broken on one edge. The exact same spot where the piston does not contact the pad. What would cause this and would it be cheaper to buy new calipers rather than rebuilding these?

Reply to
Dale Randall

My guess is somebody pried them and chipped the piston. I have done this myself. It was a small chip and I didn't worry about replacing it.

Reply to
Scott