93 Bronco - New Tires

93 full-size bronco. I'm buying new tires today. I do mostly highway drving. Considering the Michelin X radials. Any input??
Reply to
NES

One word, Coopers.

Michelin buys the cheapest carbon black to make their tires.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

And what does carbon black have to do with the quality of tires? What about the adhesiveness and wearability of the tires? What about the sidewall strength? What about tread design for different weather types?

From what I recall, all carbon black is a byproduct of burning natural gas and gathering the soot, so I don''t know how there could be much of a delta between the "Prime" and the "Crud" carbon black.

And who is Coopers, anyway?

HR.

Reply to
Rowbotth

I just put Cooper's on my 2000 Ranger, I hate them, Noisy, rough, Not impressed at all. My next set will be Michelin for sure.

Reply to
jt

I passed on the Michelins and got the Bridgestone Dueler Revo's. The Bridgestone reviews on

greatly surpassed the Michelin's. I've had them on for 2 days now, they're quiet and smooth even with their semi_aggressive tread pattern.

As for the Coopers, they make the Dominator line for Discount Tire. Their basically an entry level tire. From what I've learned, they're noisy and difficult to keep balanced.

Reply to
NES

Entry level says it all.

All rough tread tires are noisy, regardless of brand.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
Pete

Doesn't Cooper make tires for ProComp as well?? On my 2nd set of ProComp XTerrains.. Drove the ever lovin' hell outta the 1st set and still got almost 50k miles out of 'em. Could have got more, but I kinda roasted the rears after the last rotation. :)

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego