'93 F-150 battery tray tidbit o' info

while messing with my pickup on Sat. I decided to R&R the battery tray and POR-15 it. Well, that exercise got stalled when I found that a) I didn't have any POR-15 which I thought I did, and b) the hardware that holds the battery tray to the support is all rusted.

Well, I found replacement bolts from LMC truck so I ordered those and some battery mats for all my vehicles. They apparently do not sell the speed clips separately, however, but as far as I can tell (there was only a little bit left of the old ones...) Au-ve-co 11629 is an identical replacement. I ordered mine from McMaster-Carr, their p/n

95210A190. Right on the box it says "GM: 11502617 Ford: N623333" as well.

I also have a lifetime supply (to get two I needed to order a box of 25) so if anyone else is doing the same project or finds that they need one or two of the same clip for some other location in their truck, let me know. They're a speed clip with a M8-1.25 tapped hole, and the distance from the center of the hole to the edge of the panel is 14.5mm

Of course I know that I could just use fender washers with regular machine screws, but I do tend to get anal retentive about these things, and using the speed clips is nice because you don't have to reach underneath the battery tray with a wrench.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel