94 Ford Explorer auto transmission problem.

My automatic transmission started pumping the fluid out. I was told that it was probably the cooling line that broke. How much of a job is it to replace the cooling line and is it rubber or metal? Thanks for any info. Fred.

Reply to
Fred

If the cooling line itself is badly damaged, I have found it damn near impossible to buy a new replacement for older vehicles. They can be almost impossible to remove from a salvage vehicle unless the engine is already out in which case there is a high probability that whoever removed the engine screwed the hell out of the cooler lines. You need to determine where the fluid is escaping before you can determine what needs to be done. You may only need to tighten a fitting or replace a seal. The lines are low pressure and can have an oil rated hose inserted for a section if need be. If the problem is a pin hole in a straight section, you can cut a very short section out and replace it with a union in many cases.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

'probably' ????

you want advice based on a 'probably' ????

figure out WHERE it's coming from, then we can give some advice

probably

Reply to
TranSurgeon