96 Ranger XTND Cab and Child Car Seats?

We are having a baby in march, and are wondering what to do about a car seat for the 96 Ranger. Is there any way to safely put on in the front or back?

SAH

Reply to
Steven Holmes

Read your owners manual. If you have passenger side airbags that cannot be disabled then forget about the front seat.

Reply to
Rob Munach
96 Ranger XTND Cab and Child Car Seats?Could be kind of cold in the back i would think.
Reply to
Steve Barker
96 Ranger XTND Cab and Child Car Seats?For a newborn you must buckle the car seat in the front seat facing to the rear, being sure that the airbag is disabled if so equipped. I toted two kids around in my extended cab Ranger and when they got a little bigger I built a 2x4 and plywood frame that sat in the back seat that allowed me to belt in two car seat. I do not know if it was legal but I did feel safe about strapping the girls in there.

Basically I removed the fold down seat portion of the jump seats and then built a frame that allowed the car seats to sit about eight inches above the floor boards. This brought the seats into alignment with the seat belts so I could strap them in plus it allowed the girls to see out the window.

Once again I do not know if this is a legal way to haul your kids in your state.

SAH

Reply to
Robin Henderson