97 Ford Club Wagon/box truck milage

Hello,

I have a 97 Ford Club Wagon that was converted to a box truck. Those big white trucks with a lift gate. It has the V-10 Triton. Please, is there anyway to increase the milage? Help!! Anyone know of something that works, a chip or ??. It gets 7 or less. With a load I think I am down to 5. Some guy from North American Van Lines came by with a huge diesel truck, three times longer then mine with a full load of shipments. He said he gets 8 or less. He has a V-8 diesel. I haven't driven it in a month because of the crappy milage. There has got to something, I hope. Thanks Uriah

Reply to
Uriah

The first thing I would do is make sure it's running correctly. Then make sure it's going into OD and you're driving it easy. My old one ton Chevy got about the same as yours, but my C750 box truck, with its 20 foot long box and lift gate got 6.5. It was a V8 gas engine. Weighed 12,500 pounds empty.

Al

Reply to
Big Al