97 splash - check engine

My 97 splash has had the check engine light come on late last winter, then it went out for a bit, and stayed ever since. I think its the Oxygen sensor (one of the two of them)... definitely nothing else as I checked the other components over..anyway, over the past couple weeks it has been really cold here in Ontario (-20 for the better part of the days) and my light went off and stayed off. then just yesterday as it got warmer to -3 or -5 the thing came back on.

I'm starting to notice something here.. when its really F*#&$ cold out then the light can go out (long periods of cold)...

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Chris

Yes. Quit thinking about what the problem MIGHT be and have the codes scanned. Most of the chain automotive stores do it for free. Then fix whatever is throwing codes.

Reply to
bomar