98 Ranger Driveline Clunk Flange/Driveshaft?

I've got a 98 Ranger 4x4 3.0L 5spd. I sometimes get the driveline "clunk" that seems to be so common with these trucks, as a search of this group will show. Sounds just like a bad U-Joint. I saw many potential resolutions in my searching, with the companion flange and driveshaft being the more common suggestions. Most of these posts are dated 99-01ish. Has there been a definite resolution since then? I realize it's out of warranty, but if I could replace a flange or driveshaft on my own dime to take care of this I would.

Thanks,

Dan

Reply to
DanKMTB