Ranger Explorer door compatibility?

I recently purchased a 98 Ranger. I'm thinking of replacing the seats with those of an Explorer, pref. Eddie Bauer. I also wanted to add power windows and doors, and planned on getting a set of junkyard ranger power doors to gut for the internals and panels. I'm wondering if the doors form an explorer would fit the ranger, since they are supposed to be the "same" truck. If so, it may make more sense for me to buy a wrecked explorer, or at least include explorer into my door search.

Thanks,

Dan

Reply to
DanKMTB

I doubt if they will fit. The two vehicles are not built on the same chassis or floorpan. You might be able to shim or such and use them.

I also wanted to add

I don't know how you got this idea but is isn't correct. The old Rangers and bronco II shared lots of parts but when the Explorer came out, the two lines split. The doors certainly won't bolt on.

If so, it may make more sense for me

Reply to
Scott

I know it can be done, though some fabrication may be required on the seat bracket end. I've seen a few examples of it online in the past and it looks great, I'm willing to deal with a little bracket fabrication if need be.

I'm not sure where I got the idea either, to be honest. It's been in my head for a while now. I know the chiltons manual covering said models simultanously played a part into my thinking I was right, it's good to know I'm not before I go buying some doors. I guess I'll stick with ranger doors, and fabricate as necessary for the seats. Than you for your input.

Reply to
DanKMTB

You're right. You'll get a lot more help over at ford-trucks.com

CJB