99 F350 - ceramic or semi-metallic pads?

I'm replacing the disk pads all the way around on my 99 F350 superduty - I carry a lot of weight in this unit (its a dually with a dump bed) and anything to increase braking power would help. Are ceramics worth the extra costs? Thanks

John

Reply to
Doctor John

Don't go ceramic if you tow, or haul heavy weight.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Can you elaborate? I was told by the garage (Midas) that ceramics ran cooler, so I thought they would be best for heavy hauling, which is my situation. I sure appreciate any input on this as I have to make the decision by this Thursday AM. Thanks

Reply to
Doctor John

Well, they do well for the vehicles weight they were designed for, but if you add extra weight, such as payload or trailer, they don't perform as well, and get a vague feel pretty fast. I've both read AND experienced it first hand with my '99 F350 and a 10,000 trailer.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Go with a titanium coated, (MKD) style pad. Works the best for me, maybe for your application too.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader