Adjusting the idle on ford truck

The carburetor on my 83 Ford F150 truck has two screws (one red and one green color) that adjust the idle.

My truck is dying when I take my foot off the gas.

Will you please explain what is supposed to happen if I adjust each of the screws in either direction?

Thanks,

Russ

Reply to
b_russ

The two screws adjust your air and fuel mixture to the carb. You can lightly seat them and then come out one and one half turns and see how it's running. At least you will have a starting point. Adjusting them will smooth out a rough idle, but if it's stalling when you take your foot off the pedal, it could be a number of other things.

Reply to
Ron and Diane