Alt. Wires..??

We've recently bought a '72 E-300 Shasta Camper. As in as good shape as it is..(72K miles) I decided that a new alternator was called for since the idiot light was glowing more then just faintly. after removing the orignal, I mentally noted how the wires were connected, and of course, I got pulled away from the job for a couple of days,..Well to make a long story short,..Does anyone know how the wires and cables reconnect to this alt.??..It's a motorcraft re-manufacted. I've gone to the libary and check-out a copy of Chiltons' but it goes more into how to test and rebuild without a diagram for proper hook-up. I've also searched the web for the same info. without much luck. I was hopping to complete the job this afternoon.( Sun) if I can find the informotion..Maybe Some of You know of the site I've been seaching for..???...Any leads or help will be appreatied.. Kev

Reply to
Kevin Venable

The autozone website has wiring diagrams. Click on the 'repair' link. Then click the 'repair guide' link. You may not find that exact year, so try going up/down in the year selection and see which year brings up a 'wiring diagram'.

Basically, the alt has three terminals, the field, stator, and battery. Field(F) connects to field on the regulator, stator(S) to stator on the reg, and battery(B)(heavy wire)to the starter relay(battery side). On my truck the F wire is orn, the stator is wht/blk, and the battery is blk/red.

Hope this is of some help.....

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt