Armrest 99 Ford Ranger

Does anyone know where (or if) I can get a new armrest / lid on the center storage piece for a 99 Ford Ranger? The plastic cracked and broke and now the lid no longer stays closed. Thanks.

Reply to
Ron

ebay or junkyards. I was going to get this from the dealer for my ranger and they wanted 299.00 cause it is a whole piece not just the lid :(

Tim

Reply to
Tim G

Thanks. Not finding anything. Are they easy to come on and off?

Reply to
Ron

Reply to
Bill Vajk

Thanks, guess I can rip it out and buy an aftermarket one. I cannot do without something, too used to having it there.

Reply to
Ron

Have you thought about taking it to someone who does upholstering? They may be able to re-surface the armrest, and should know how to remove it.

H.

Reply to
Rowbotth

Thanks, no. The plastic piece broke in half, so it needs to be completely replaced.

Reply to
Ron

If it is the plastic piece that goes into the lid release button, (and my 98 Ranger is hanging on by a thread of plastic), my solution when it completly broke was going to be some kind of velcro strap or dots, I also planned, if possible, on disabling the lid spring.

John H.

Reply to
Mustmaker