C4 Center Console Armrest Restoration

My center armrest storage compartment and armrest need to be restored. The problem is that the storage compartment HAD plastic support tabs that the armrest hinge bolted onto but the plastic tabs are not broken. I have not seen a center storage compartment that is reproduced and it would somewhat difficult to replace. What is a solution to get the armrest bolted back in to the normal condition?

Reply to
Ironman

May be differences from year to year. On my '89 there are no "tabs" visible. The hinge strip attaches to the inside of the compartment with four hex-head screws and washers. The armrest side of the hinge has five round-head Phillips screws.

Davies Corvette has helped me out on hard to get C4 parts. They stock the console armrest -- don't show the compartment

Phone 1-800-236-2383

Reply to
PJ

If you unbolt the hinge you will see the metal tabs that hang on the plastic supports.

Reply to
Ironman

With many apologies, I'm going to be "selfish" and bow out on this one. The screws are slightly corroded and I really don't want to unscrew them for fear of chewing up the plastic. Gotta say sorry but I'm gonna leave this sleeping dog lie.

Reply to
PJ