changed engines

i have a 1984 f150 straight 6. i blew a rod and put a 1983 straight 6 engine in the the truck. my problem is that it fires but won't run. the carbs good. the spark plugs are good. new oil. starters fine. the starter solenoid is fine. the battery is good. runs when fuel is dumped down carb. please help.

Reply to
LAURIEL

Sounds like your fuel pump in not pumping fuel...

Reply to
351CJ

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 01:10:24 -0500, LAURIEL rearranged some electrons to form:

Fuel pump.

Reply to
David M

Not necessarily the pump but something stopping fuel from getting to the engine like some dirt that you might have gotten in the line during the change out.

David M wrote:

Reply to
Ron

Timing?

Reply to
Advocate

Or a needle seat in carb stuck closed.

Reply to
TheSnoMan

I like it when you talk dirty;-)

and put a 1983 straight 6

Definitely a fuel delivery problem. Does that carb have a filter screwed into it? I'd disconnect the fuel line at the pump and see if it's pumping and go from there.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy