Convert 95 F150 2x4 into 4x4

I have a 95 F150 2 wheel drive 302 automatic push button overdrive. I want to make it a 4 wheel drive. I have a 85 F150 4x4 part truck with great front and rear end, which I'm not positive but I think will fit right under my truck. As far a transmission and transfer I was wondering what years will work with mine seems like Ford made several transmission changes between 92 & 96. I will probably find a junk truck the year model i need and take everything from it so I'll have everything I need. I will appreciate any info I need all the help I can get!

Reply to
andracffy

Wrong answer. The frame widths and styles have changed in that decade of time between the truck builds. Your 95 is sitting on a different chassis than your 85. Measure it up, but I would bet your 95 f-150 that you are goin to have to cut and move the spring mounts atleast before it will work. I know for sure the rearend will have to have different spring mounts.. In fact I wouldnt even do anything to your rearend, just leave it alone, and just put an axle under the front.

If you are going to buy a junk truck for parts to build your 2WD into a 4WD, then just find a 4WD in your trucks year with a good chassis and swap the front ends on the two trucks. There might still be some minor adjustments that have to be made for mounting and what not, but you have a complete front end 4WD chassis to go by when you decide to finally swap everything out.

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:10:24 -0800, andracffy rearranged some electrons to form:

You would be much better off selling the truck you have and getting a 4x4.

Reply to
David M

Or making a deal for a donor truck with same chassis style for parts if you really have your heart set on this.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan