FOR SALE! 1989 F150 XLT Lariat

Is a 301 a medium/heavy duty version of the light duty 302? ;)

Funny but I'd much rather have my pickup and it has none of that crap on it! Oh heck it does have a "speed control" that I added in about '76 tho. :/ It's a Dana sold by Sears, the original old "black box" seems like it was $59(?).

I added chrome side window shades other than those nothing's been added to the outside, still has its original paint and NO rust.

Alvin in AZ ('75 F150) ps- if i ever add running boards to it-> shoot my dumb ass ok? :/ pps- oh heck mine has "heat" too damn, sounding more like his sissy-ass truck all the time ;)

Reply to
alvinj

Hi all, trying to see if I get any grabs on my truck. Its a mint condition

1989 F150 XLT Lariat 4x4, has 33" Offroad tires on custom aluminum rims. Power Windows, Power Locks, Heat, AC, Tilt, Cruise, CD Player, Sliding rear window. Has SHINY new paint job, with the 5.0 301 V8, it has balls, thats for sure. If your interested send me an email snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net :) Its located in Hampton, NH
Reply to
LilGoofsta

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 04:02:00 +0000, alvin rearranged some electrons to form:

No, it's a 302 with crud in the combustion chamber.

Wow, it's got "heat", too! That was a popular option in 1989 I guess.

Reply to
David M

You might stand a better chance of selling it if you put the proper sized tires on it and don't mention you abused it with the 33's.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Oil smoke is blue-white. Head-gasket-leak's steam is white. Fuel smoke gasoline or diesel is black.

So what color is the smoke you're-a-billowing? :)

If the insides of the engine (oil cap off) is smelling like gasoline something is wrong and you need to correct it quick. BTDT, and blew the valve covers loose from the engine on a junky old plymouth 318 once. Everone said (after I blew the valve covers off;) "it was the fuel pump leaking gasoline into the crankcase". I bought a new fuel pump and got used valve covers at the wreckin-yard and sold the piece of crap cheap. :)

Alvin in AZ ps- no need for a picture of my pickup it's bone stock looking '75 white with no chrome except for the front bumper... but I did add two things you can see from the outside, chrome window shades over each door window, and 7 spoke chrome 16" wheels, ordered it in '74 while I lived in Bowie AZ

Reply to
alvinj

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 00:35:27 +0000, alvin rearranged some electrons to form:

I would think the problem is something else on a FI engine.

Reply to
David M

Goofster;

I think you sunk your chances for selling it by describing all of its problems (gas in the oil, smoke billowing out behind it). If this is a definition of "mint" condition, I would hate to see something you considered a beater.

Reply to
David M

Reply to
LilGoofsta

I think it's just a bad EGR or manifold gasket, somebody will buy this thing for a song and fix it for $30 bucks.............

How much did you want for it again ?

Reply to
Wheeler.Dealer

Reply to
LilGoofsta

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 08:44:04 -0800, LilGoofsta rearranged some electrons to form:

Hmmm... maybe so, but there is no clue to that in your OP.

Reply to
David M

Oooops. :/

Glad you're here to correct my mistakes, no kidding on that. That's the main reason I don't like email for stuff like this, there is usually a need for more information than one person has. Newsgroups are cool! :)

Alvin in AZ (hammer mechanic)

Reply to
alvinj

Im not entirely sure, the blue book third party is around 3,000... I paid

2500 for it around 2 months ago, and fixed the front breaks, calipers, rotors, all the lines and rubber hoses cost 500$, tell me what you think is reasonable, send me an email at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net and we can talk about it :)
Reply to
LilGoofsta

Reply to
LilGoofsta

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 13:59:54 -0800, LilGoofsta rearranged some electrons to form:

Yes, very true. Everyone is now aware of the true condition of the truck

Reply to
David M

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 19:50:00 +0000, alvin rearranged some electrons to form:

LOL I can just picture valve covers blowing off an old Plymouth... must have been exciting. I bet the pucker factor was about 9.5.

Reply to
David M

Im willing to let the truck go for around 2,300. Are you interested? I am being evicted from my house on sunday because I cant come up with the 1200$ late fee's on rent I owe, so if you are interested let me know asap please. Thanks man :-)

Reply to
LilGoofsta

Price Lowered - cuz stuff needs fixed.

1992 Ford Bronco XLT 4x4 ( Full Size )

Nice Truck!

Pics are here:

Black on Black

302, V8, Auto w/ Overdrive Push Button 4x4 air, tilt, cruise p/w, p/dl, Cd Player Aluminum Aftermarket Rims

NEW: Radiator Water Pump Power Steering Pump Brakes

Interior is in good shape ( no tears or rips, normal wear ) Paint is in good shape ( still has high gloss ) Rust around back wheel wells

May need a head gasket, not sure just yet, will know more when I get some time to look at it.

But if you want to fix it yourself, buy it now for only......

$ 2400

Reply to
Wheeler.Dealer