Disabled EGR 1991-460..How to get it back.

I am in crisis. I have a 1991 460 that runs on 100% propane. And I live in California. Evidently the EGR was disabled via the EVR(?) because it was thought unnecessary when running `100% and NOT dual fuel. Anyway, I've got no power to the EVR relay which supplies vaccuum to the EGR.

The fuel injection has been unplugged and so has the electrical plug for the gas tank. Does anyone know offhand if power for the EVR goes through either of those harnesses, explaining why it has no power?

Thanks

Reply to
DUMBnEASY

call the BAR in sacramento...I think that 100% propane still qualifies as no pollution requirements...did they leave the stock gas tank in......if so you are technically still "dual fuel" capable....might find that BAR has an exemption if the Fuel (Gas Tank) has been removed....had a big problem with mid '70's trucks....fuel shortage then...seems like bunches of people and un-scrupulous shops were "retrofitting" PU's with second tank and not hooking up EVAP Control properly....when emission standards got a little tougher these things wouldn't pass smog....so BAR ruled that if the conversion/installation was done at the factory and receipts accompanied the claim....they'd grandfather 'em in......Call the BAR.....smog tech's aren't so sharp in California any more...but they can read a computer scope's print out and tell ya what didn't pass...but it's a different breed of mech who can tell ya the why's and the might be's...the average smog tech can only say yes it passes and give ya a cert of no and send ya on your way......If ya got a gas tank and no evap hooked up and working...your gonna fail all the time....

Reply to
Patrick Gilmore