E4OD STILL SLIPPING

I have been parked until I have the money for a good scan . Meanwhile I have tried to locate the problem. If I bump the MLPS i find that it can influence the trans/ towards the back I get no shifting towards the front I get intermittant holding in gear. Does this point to a bad sensor ar is that just the way this thing works? Dis connecting the batt does no good.

Reply to
need fux

You should have no effect by "bumping" it unless you are using a large hammer. The original MLPS switches were vulnerable of collecting moisture and corroding. The MLPS lets the ECM know what position you have selected. If it cannot determine that, it will not be able to properly operate the trans. The currect sensors come with a new harness connector to be installed that will greatly reduce the chance moisture can get into the sensor.

Reply to
lugnut

. . . E4OD STILL SLIPPING Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Mon, Feb 16, 2004, 11:56pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@stopspamev1.net (need=A0fux)

I have been parked until I have the money for a good scan . Meanwhile I have tried to locate the problem.

If I bump the MLPS i find that it can influence the trans.

Towards the back I get no shifting.

Towards the front I get intermittant holding in gear.

Does this point to a bad sensor ar is that just the way this thing works?

Disconnecting the batt does no good.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Don't worry about the scan. Here.....I'll scan it for you real quick......

yep.....jest as I suspected......

Your transmission is a gonner.

$1600-$2000......

no charge.

marshmonster ~tranny dude~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

unplug the connector on the PASSENGER's side

with it unplugged, you can shift 1-2-4 manually plus have reverse in R (hydraulic function only on E4)

warning: it will be at MAXIMUM line pressure, and will literally take your head off shifting at anything over 1/3 throttle

if it works like that, replace the MLPS

Reply to
TransSurgeon

you're doing 'em too cheap

1800-2400 here
Reply to
TransSurgeon

. . . on the price of an E4OD rebuild.... ========== ==========

you're doing 'em too cheap

1800-2400 here ========== ==========

18 shops listed in the yeller pages as Transmission shops......all in a

20 mile radius. That doesn't include the general repair shops listed under the heading.

wanna relocate to Pensacola Gary??

00 L O

marsh ~:~ ======= =======

Reply to
Marsh Monster

nope

heading for the Big Horn Basin in WY as soon as I can sell this place..................

Reply to
TransSurgeon

. . Re: E4OD STILL SLIPPING, I can't afford a Scan, What's a fellatodo??

20 mile radius. =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0That doesn't include the general repair shops listed under the heading. wanna relocate to Pensacola Gary?? =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (TransSurgeon) had stars in his eyes when he replied......

nope

heading for the Big Horn Basin in WY as soon as I can sell this place.................. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Gonna retire??

or jest relocating to big sky country to get away from the hectic life?

marsh ~:~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Gonna retire??

or jest relocating to big sky country to get away from the hectic life?

Retire ???? never

But I like the people out there, especially the young folks...........no 'we want it now' attitude, they are serious, study hard, work just as hard

EVERYONE out there is down-to-earth

plus, of course the climate and seeing mountains every day

Reply to
TransSurgeon

once more:

disconnect the main connector on the passenger's side of the case

if the unit is good inside, you will be able to shift it with the shift lever 1-2-4

that will tell you if it's internal or not

Reply to
TransSurgeon