egr exhaust valve 01 ford ranger

My 2001 Ford Ranger needs to have it's EGR exhaust valve replaced. The mechanic cleaned and replaced the original hopping it would correct the problem but the check engine light came on again a week later.

Is this something I can replace myself? Is there a good source (manual) on how to replace it? Or should I just bite the bullet and get the garage to replace it for me?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
sixgun