Engine swap 86 F250 gas to diesel

I am interested in rebuilding my 6.9L Navistar engine and while this is happening, to put the engine into a nicer truck body of the same year. I also would like to put a 4 speed standard transmission in the rig instead of the C6 auto tranny. Is this worth doing, or should I just buy another diesel truck? But more importantly, are the mounting systems compatible from gas to diesel of same era.

thanks

Reply to
stillawhitebelt

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:07:58 -0700, stillawhitebelt rearranged some electrons to form:

Seems like it would be easier to buy what you want.

Reply to
David M

Much Much easier, and much much cheaper....

Reply to
My Names Nobody

it must be possible. I have a '86 F350 with a chevrolet 6.5 diesel and it fit without too much problems. see this link for ideas.

Darren

stillawhitebelt wrote:

Reply to
woodee