Explorer rear wiper

I have a 1999 explorer and was wondering if the rear wiper on these things ever works? I know of 2 other people that are haveing the same problem of the blade not touching the glass.

Reply to
JSMMV

I do know the blade has to be replaced every 6 months or so, or it gets stiff and wont flex to fit the rear glass. Maybe this is what you're talking about.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

No it has not worked right since we bought it. I have changed the blade a few times and it does'nt help:(

Reply to
JSMMV

Sorry, good luck.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

It's a POS! I have had mine back to the dealer three times in 24 months. First it wouldn't touch the window. The dealer "fixed" it by bending it. Then it wouldn't go back into battery and just sort of hung there in space. The dealer fixed it by bending it. Then, the cover fell off the hold down nut, the motor shorted out and it stopped working completely. The dealer fixed it by replacing it. Two weeks later it is not going back into battery and it's not making full contact. I have loathed this Exploder (2001) from the day my wife insisted on buying it. It's a pig, and a poorly made one at that. I like Fords, have owned several and will buy more but this thing is a sad commentary on auto manufacturing and design.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Explorer rear wiper moters don't seem to last very long on all models....Ford needs to improve this feature

Reply to
Joe Williams