F350 Clutch Spring Breakage

My 2000 F350 broke a clutch spring on the road; it was hard to shift at first, then the clutch just stopped disengaging. It made for a fun 300 miles home down I35, while floating the gears. When I had it towed in they tore it down and found the broken spring. The shop says it's unusual in breaking at 105k miles and that the clutch itself looks hardly used.

Anybody else ever had this happen?

JH

Reply to
J Harris