clutch pedal royally f---ed

I drive a 97 Pathfinder SE with 4by and manual tranny. Recently, the clutch pedal has stopped working. If the car is in gear, it is hard to get out of gear. If it is out of gear, it is nearly impossible to get into gear. It is as if the clutch pedal is not dis-engaging all the way (or at all sometimes) from the flywheel. Has anybody else expeirienced or heard of this? The dealer reccomended that the Master Cylinder for the clutch be replaced, but that only fixed the problem for a few days--already I can hardly shift again!!

Reply to
James

The check the clutch slave cylinder. DO you still have all the fuild in it.. Or you could try and bleed the system.. Who did it, Nissan?

Reply to
ahren dains

sounds like the clutch assembly may need replacing

Which means removing the tranny , which also means big $$$ since it is a 4x4

Reply to
NissTech

Have you checked the fluid? They should have replaced the slave cyl as well. Can we still call them master and slave cyl? :-)

Reply to
Steve

He should have replaced the Slave cylinder for the clutch,not the MC.

Reply to
CBXXX