Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

2000 4X4 Ford Explorer XLS 4.0L OHV - 6 cylinders - 67,000 miles.

I am having a problem with the 4-wheel drive flashing dash light. It blinks 6x when I start the car and thereafter a blink every minute or so. The 4-wheel drive works so I am at a mystery as to what this means. Can anyone help? Do you know what the flashing code means?

Thanks … Hank snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net

Reply to
Hank

Haven't been able to find the code meanings online, try a haynes/chilton manual, or see if you can sweet-talk your dealer into looking it up.

Or, a little work with google might turn the trick.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Sounds like you'll need to have the codes pulled.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

this is a little ole trick of the dealers that is basically the same as the "change engine oil" or "maitenance required" lights . the dealer has these installed to hopefully bring you back to their shops for service. there are reset procedures for all of these lights, however i am not privvy to the exact steps for the four wheel drive . try calling the service manager at your local ford dealership and ask for the reset procedure. i'm pretty sure that it will require no tools at all.just a certain way you need to press the accelerator so many times or push a couple of buttons at the same time that you turn the key on...etc. don't let them "fool" you into thinking that you have a problem. all they will do is drain and replace the transfer case fluid, and do a simple oil change on the diff's.

Reply to
plainoldmechanic

"plainoldmechanic"

Your funny..........

Reply to
johanb

And I forgot.....

Paranoid

Reply to
johanb

You have to put your foil hat on first, then press the accelerator slowly 6 times within 2 seconds, pressing the brake pedal 1/4" between presses of the accelerator all while turning the cruise on and off rapidly. Oh, and you have to be tuned into 108.1 on the FM radio.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Don't forget the car has to be pointed due north or none of this will work!

Reply to
Bob

Now there's some bullshit. "the dealer has these installed...." ROTFLMMFAO!!!

Steve Barker

I'm sure a guy like plainolmechanic already has his foil hat AND shoe liners on.

Steve Barker

Reply to
Bob