ford, 1992-2004 speed control recall..

...an apparent fire risk to be fixed by the installation of a fusible link...I got my letter yesterday.

Used vehicle buyers may wish to investigate. Recall #05s28....the dealer can tell you by your VIN if repair is needed.

john

Reply to
asadi

I took both of my Fords in for the recall. It's NO REPAIR!! Putting in a fusible piece of wire fixes nothing!! There is still a defective switch sitting there waiting to short, and when it does, it blows the wire fuse. Is Ford goning to ACTUALLY FIX IT when it does short? Ford is saying an auto that recently burned to the ground with the fire starting in the area of the compressor was not caused by the switch???

The people that mandate recalls should mandate that FORD FIX THE PROBLEM!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J