Ford Escape looses all power

My wife has a 2000 Escape and while driving (especially in wet weather), she looses ALL power. The dash board warning lights come on and everything else
goes off. No Radio, lights, wipers, etc. She has to turn off the ignition, wait a few minutes, then the vehicle re-starts.
Has anyone had any similar experiences or possible solutions. The dealer doesn't seem to be able to recreate the problem.
Thanks in advance.--
Texas: It's a whole other country
Kevin & Maria
Keep taking it in and complaining each and every time it happens. Eventhough the dealer can't fix it, you are building a case for either a lemon law return or a civil action when someone is injured when the power fails at a key moment. Sorry I can't diagnose your problem...perhaps others can. However, my advice is sound and based on personal experience so give it some thought. A paper trail is key in civil recoveries.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

she
else
ignition,

Or go to www.escape-central.com. You might want to check again what year hers is- they weren't made until model year 2001. Tom F.
I believe you should elevate this now to the Dealership management and if he or she does not react immediately, then on up the Ford chain. This is a serious safety issue and the dealer should be treating it as such. You are in a position to make demands. jor

she
else
ignition,