1996 F250 460ci possible fuel pump problem

Greetings, I am experiencing an intermittent problem with my truck this last few months. I have dual tanks, and primarily run off the "front" tank. a few
times the engine has just shut off and I've had to pull over to the side of the road and make a decision on weather to call a tow truck or wait to see if it starts after a few minutes. After the first call to the tow truck the darn thing started right up. The next few times I just waited for about 15 minutes and she started up again. I first suspected the ignition relay, maybe over heating and failing. I carried a can of compressed air to use when it stalled again. I did this and it made no difference. I have a friend who is a mechanic who suggested that the front tank fuel pump might be failing and the fuel pressure drops below spec and the injectors shut down (possible). So my next move was to run off the read tank for a while. And of course nothing has happened yet. I did do a short camping trip and had my 3500lb camper on. I "felt" that I may have lost some power, running off the front tank on the trip. But I was just going on feel, it sputtered a couple of time on the trip, but didn't actually stall. Anybody out there heard of this type of issue. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Rick in Windsor
Sorry, I forgot to include the truck info: 1996 F250 460ci dual fuel tanks.

At about this time, I'd be guessing at ignition module. Not the only thing that could cause the concernby any stretch of the imagination but it is the classic symptoms.
Not sure of the pricing on these any more but it may be cheaper to "try" a module than the price of a tow truck. If you have a spark tester, you could check for spark while the problem is occuring.

few