I asked for documentation saying this and they said the batteries don't come with any documentation and the receipt says nothing about this. The guy pulled the cover off the battery to show me where it listed the warranty period and said that is the only place where the warranty is documented. Is that correct?

I expect they are telling me the truth, but as a double-check I am hoping some knowledgeable people here can verify what I was told. I looked through my owner's manual and the ESP, and the battery is not mentioned anywhere.

To summarize my questions:

#1. Is it true the original Motorcraft battery's warranty expired at 3 years, there is no pro-rated amount, and the ESP does not cover batteries?

#2. Is it true that batteries do not come with warranty documentation and the battery itself is the only thing which shows the warranty period? They said the warranty/pro-rated period is determined by the date on my purchase receipt and what's written on the battery, so they said to be sure not to lose the receipt.

#3. Is there some way to check my battery to make sure I was given a brand new one rather than a used one which looks new? For instance, is there a web site to check a battery's history by serial number?

#4. Out of curiosity, if you never make a claim on your ESP, there is no provision where you can get back some money such as some rare types of insurance plans offer for no claims? I know it's a long-shot, but I thought I'd ask. It says nothing in the ESP paperwork about this except you can get a pro-rated refund minus $50 which in the last 6 months of the contract would be zero.

Thanks.

Reply to
Scott

#3. Should be a date code on battery, normally a week 1-52 and year, i.e.

2303 for 23 week of 2003, but may have a more complex code also.
Reply to
Blair Baucom

Yes. Nearly everything that came on your vehicle is covered 3/36. ESP does not cover wiper blades, brake linings, light bulbs or other items considered wear items.

The dealer should have a copy of the warranty, but they usually don't. Check

No

This is a great battery by the way. I have one that is 11 years old, and still going, my mothers lasted 9 years.

Reply to
Michael O