Ford Recall 05S28 (Speed Control Deactivation Switch)

Yes.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 16:35:19 +0000, Jeff Strickland rearranged some electrons to say:

The cause of the short circuit is brake fluid leaking into the switch contacts of the cruise control deactivation pressure switch, causing corrosion of the contacts and a possible short to ground.

Reply to
david

A short circuit caused by brake fluid leaking into the switch.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Yes.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

A short circuit caused by brake fluid leaking into the switch.

Reply to
JerryD(upstateNY)

Jeez....please point out where anyone said that brake fluid was leaking onto a "live wire", and causing a fire.

Reply to
Hairy

Reply to
Kevin W. Miller

Because brake fluid can absorb moisture and cause a short to ground, thereby overheating the connection and poof! barbecued truck.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Can someone please tell me where this switch is located? I have a 93 E-150 and just want to get a friend to disconnect it. My van is adapted because I'm a wheelchair user and I don't trust just anyone tinkering with it (even a dealer). The cruise never worked since I bought the van used 7 years ago. But I'm concerned about the possibility of it catching on fire because I can't run! TIA

Reply to
rustyjames

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:24:00 -0700, rustyjames rearranged some electrons to say:

It's either on the master cylinder, or plumbed into one of the brake lines.

Reply to
david

The switch is physically mounted to the Master Cylinder, or on one of the brake pipes coming out of it.

On my Bronco and on my F150 -- a '95 and '97, respectively -- the switch is on the "snout" of the master cylinder. The brake pedal is attached to a piston that enters the master cylinder at one end, the brake switch is mounted to the opposite end, either directly on the master cylinder, or on the brake pipe that is connected where the switch would be if it was on the master cylinder. There are brake pipes that come out of the sides of the master cylinder too, but none of these pipes has the switch mounted to them.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks for all the replies; I appreciate the info.

Reply to
rustyjames