Front Brakes

I want to change the front brakes on an 87 Ford F150. There doesn't seem to be a bolt to take the calipers off, but rather some strange sort of clip device. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? How do the calipers come off?

Reply to
Dan S.

Dan S. explained on 7/10/2009 :

Nevermind, I figured it out. You just have to tap them through with a screwdriver. Then the calipers just slide straight off.

Reply to
Dan S.

It is recommended to not re-use the caliper pins. I generally replace them about every three sets of pads. So far my Explorer always stops when I want it to ;-)

Make sure you get the little nubs on the pins going the correct way otherwise they can work themselves out of the calipers.

Reply to
Ulysses

Either by a bolt (two bolts, really) or by the strange clip device that really is a clip and is not strange at all.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Not strange at all. Ford used the pins for over 30 years. Just drive 'em thru with something like a 3/8" extension bar. Be sure you install the narrow side properly oriented.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut