Glow Plugs

My 1995 Ford 250 7.3 Diesel Truck will not start on cold mornings.

Normal start Turn on key - Wait for light to go out - Start engine. - Engine runs 1 miniute and alternator kicks in.

Present Start Turn on key - Wait for light to go out - Try to start engine after 5 or 6 tries turning the key on and off the engine finally starts but the alternator kicks in right away. Even when the engine is warmed up and the engine starts right away, the alternator charges immediatly. This is not normal. I have replaced the regulator but that did not fix the problem. If the problem is the glow plugs burnt out, how would that effect the timing of the alternator kicking in.

Reply to
glowless via CarKB.com

A 1995, Did you ever replace the Glow Plugs? They do have a time span that they will last. as you may or may not know Diesels ignite the fuel with the heat from compression, so if you crank the shit outta it may just start until it gets even colder outside. --J

glowless wrote:

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com