Head Scratcher Solved

Hi. First I'd like to thank those who responded to my original post. I replaced the CPS, because from everything I've read, and advice I've received here, and from other PSD owners, but that wasn't the problem after all... As it turns out, I read a post on "The Diesel Stop" website that suggested checking the chip for corrosion. As I had never had the computer out of this truck, I enlisted a friend and co-worker who has experience with such things... We pulled the box out and pulled the chip, low and behold, the corrosion was rampant. My friend took the computer home and carefully cleaned all the contacts. We reinstalled the chip, and the computer. Truck starts right up and seems to run much better, and it hasn't skipped a beat since. I just filled the tanks and averaged out the MPG and got 17.8 MPG this time... not bad for a big, heavy extended cab 4x4. I just posted this because I thought those who provided feedback to me might be interested in the final verdict. Thanks again.

Reply to
websurfer