Help please! 1990 F150 4x4 front end noise

I have a 1990 F150 4x4 5.0L with 120K miles on the clock. I decided to pull some shrubs out of the front yard with the truck so I backed up and shifted to 4 low. Shrub removal was successful so I stopped, put it back in 2HI and put the truck away. Later that night I took the kids to the store and the front left wheel made this awful banging / thumping. Sounded like I ran over a log or something. I slowed down and it stopped. Now when I turn left, I get an EEK EEK EEK like a bad CV joint on the left side. I have automatic hubs BTW. Did I just lose a hub? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
De

"" wrote: > I have a 1990 F150 4x4 5.0L with 120K miles on the clock. I > decided to pull > some shrubs out of the front yard with the truck so I backed > up and shifted > to 4 low. Shrub removal was successful so I stopped, put it > back in 2HI and > put the truck away. Later that night I took the kids to the > store and the > front left wheel made this awful banging / thumping. Sounded > like I ran > over a log or something. I slowed down and it stopped. Now > when I turn > left, I get an EEK EEK EEK like a bad CV joint on the left > side. I have > automatic hubs BTW. Did I just lose a hub? Any ideas? > > > Thanks!

Although I LOVE my F-150 with 282,000 miles on it, a few years ago the same thinh happened to me. There was a crack in the frame behind the steering box and all the rivets were loose with elongated holes. You could not see any of it just looking at it. I had to have someone turn the wheels while I looked. After I plated it and repaired it its been fine. I hope yours has a better easier solution.

Reply to
Hooligan