How to find a new truck?

I'm trying to find a white, regular cab, long bed, F250, 4X4 with a manual transmission. Everyone tells me there are no trucks like this available and I would have to order one. Is there a site where I can search the U.S. for one? I'd be willing to travel to a dealer and drive it home. I think I could get a better deal on one if I could find it built and sitting on a lot somewhere.

What about the 2005 trucks? When do they come out and what is rumored to be different? Trying to decide if I should wait. The local Ford dealer tells me no SVT vehicles next year. No Lightning, Cobra, or any of the others. Hard to believe. They have two Cobra's, one is a Mystic.

Al in Tucson

Reply to
Big Al

I'd suggest you try and find dealers that carry a large inventory for fleet sales. I've seen plain jain trucks and vans advertised by dealers in the Seattle area in the past that sounded like they would have the type of truck you are looking for. (Any dealer should be able to search their region and see if a truck like the one you are interested in exists on a lot somewhere.)

Good luck!

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

There's a huge dealership in Columbus, Oh. Named Ricart Ford.

It's the biggest place I've ever seen.

You might try there.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

You neglected to say whether you wanted gas or diesel, but I think a basic XL truck in white would be very common for fleet sales only. Dealers order mainly automatic transmissions, but the new six speed is pretty popular and I've noticed they are keeping some diesel 6-speeds. They do not keep ANY gas

6-speeds, but if they had a low-buck truck on the lot that would be it, wouldn't it?
Reply to
Joe

I want a gas engine. V8 or V10.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Just go to Ford Direct.com and put in what you are looking for.

Reply to
Paul Wilson