Intro & Request for 1948-1952 Ford F-x Series

Hello to everyone.

My name's Nathan and I'm 27 and live in Iowa. More personal information beyond that you can find at

Anywho: I've just joined these forums because I've recently decided that I need

2 major things: 1) a truck and 2) a project vehicle. I'm not a mechanic; at most I'm an armchair mechanic and do light work on my current two vehicles (03 Mitsu Eclipse GTS and 96 Dodge Intrepid). But I've decided that the best way to learn is to do.

So, I've been scoping out various vehicles with the mind of having both a useful vehicle for hauling things and something to occupy myself with in the spare time. To this end, I've become very enamoured with the look of the 1948-1952 series F-x trucks. I think that I'd like to get one of these as a project restore and truck. They're very nice looking, classic vehicles and should be simple enough in engine, drivetrain, and body design for an amateur mechanic.

I'd be interested in hearing from people who have owned and/or worked on/restored these vehicles. I have not purchased one and don't plan to for awhile, until I have done the proper research (or random whim comes along!) I'd like to know which model is the best to get (F-1,F-2,F-3), problems and caveats to watch for with these trucks, how expensive it is to find proper parts, links to webpages concerning their construction or restoration, and any other advice, recommendations, or comments people might have about them.

Thanks much for reading and any help you can give!

Nathan Pralle

Reply to
Nathan Pralle