looking at super duty, 6.0 or 7.3?

Hey all,

buddy of mine is looking to buy a 4x4 Super Duty truck automatic and diesel, which motor is better? He's had an older F250 with the 7.3 and liked it, but how are the 99-up 7.3 or the 6.0? Are the newer years better or would a

99-2000 with lower miles be a better?

thanks in advance TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

I have no experience with the diesel engines. However, I have heard that the 6.0 is more powerful and more efficient than the 7.3. If he's happy with the 7.3, though, that may be a good choice just for familiarity.

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

My '99 7.3 gets much better mileage (18.5 as opposed to 14) than my buddy's

6.0, and it'll pull anything his 6.0 will pull.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader