Lowering My Truck

I own a 1960 Ford F-100. I am looking for a low cost way to lower the car (both front and rear)

- what is the best way?

Also - what is the smallest tires I can put on the front and largest on the rear? (Where could I find this info on the web?)

Thanks

Ivan

Reply to
ivanogburn

Two comments/observations:, why would you want to do something so distructive to a nice old truck like that, but then I see you think its a car, and that explains everything

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

If God had wanted the truck to be lowered, he would have made it low to begin with.

Grow up. And spend the money on new shoes for the baby, not on your toy.

Reply to
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Ivan, Your best approach would be to sell that 1960 F-100 to someone who will cherish it for the "TRUCK" it is, and use the proceeds to buy yourself a

1964 Coverlet Impala to lower.
Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Ivan:

Hope your still around after getting flack from the wannabes wrenches. They're afraid of grease don't pay them no mind.

Messing with suspension is dangerous, get help so you don't set up your truck to kill yourself or someone else.

Search google: "lowering 1956 f100" or "lowering 1960 f100" and "lowering 1956 f-100" or "lowering 1960 f-100". You'll turn up lots of stuff

Heres'a couple:

Steve Oregon

Reply to
spud

I hate to be a naysayer, but if you have to ask a newsgroup how to do this, maybe you should not be doing it yourself. This is one of those Custom Projects that you should know the answers to before you ask the questions.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

So if your not born with the instinct to lower a truck just forget it, eh? Heaven forbid someone should ask how to do something...

Steve Oregon

Reply to
spud

That's not what I said.

I see nothing wrong with asking for help, but you need hands on help not help-by-email. This is not a project that lends itself to usenet. You will find fewer that offer the kind of help that I try to give, and I can help with stuff from all over the perverbial ballpark.

The answers to your question are at your local speed shop where they know the intimate details of custom suspension work.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

snip

He's better off talking to a hotrodder than a computer screen?

Ok :-)

Steve Oregon

Reply to
spud