need help with idle adjustment

ive had many problems with my carburetor in general...i recently had it rebuilt and my truck is starting up fine now...however, im not sure i am adjusting it correctly. ive followed directions that ive found online, but every time i put the truck in Drive it sputters and dies.

i checked the vacuum lines and actually found a cut line so i fixed it...i also found a bad wire coming from the ignition module...its copper wires are exposed and about half are missing...i havent replaced this yet...but it seems to be getting spark and starting fine...could this be my problem when i put the truck in drive? im not sure what to do next.

please help...thanks

Reply to
PaulJaroszewski

How many RPM's do you have to give it with your right foot to keep it running if you put it in in drive?

What RPM do you have idle adjusted to?

Reply to
Mike H