Idle problem solved, but still need help

Well, I think I finally found the probelm with my Ghia not idling properly. I have daul Kadrons. Today I was adjusting the mixture. I had the air cleaners off. With the engine running, I put the driver side air cleaner back on. No problem. I put the passenger side air cleaner back on without the top. As I started to put the top on the air cleaner the engine died. I started up the engine without the air cleaner top on and as I started putting it on it died.

I noticed that a lot of vapors were coming from the crankcase hose, from the stock oil filler, that is connected to the passenger side air cleaner. I am sure no that the excess vapors going into that carb are just killing the idle and fouling the plugs. Both plugs on that side are oil fouled. With that hose disconnected from the air cleaner the car idles fine.

I did a compression check and I have 100 PSI in each cylinder.

My questions are:

Is it normal to have so much vapor coming out of that tube?

What is the best way to vent the crankcase when running dual Kadrons so that it is not run into the carburetor? ( I have installed a sand seal on the front pulley).

Thanks for your help.

Brian Turner snipped-for-privacy@REMOVE.centurytel.net

Reply to
Brian Turner