Oil pressure on a 302

This morning as I was getting on the highway my oil pressure guage dropped almost to the red line on the low side. This was very strange to me as I was accelerating when then happened. Has anyone had this happen and what could be the cause? I was hoping that this was the sending unit or the gauge and not something internal.

Reply to
jd

||This morning as I was getting on the highway my oil pressure guage dropped ||almost to the red line on the low side. This was very strange to me as I was ||accelerating when then happened. Has anyone had this happen and what could ||be the cause? I was hoping that this was the sending unit or the gauge and ||not something internal.

Mount a mechanical gauge in place of the sender, with the gauge temp mounted at the cowl so you can see it while driving. I think you will find enough pressure to set your mind at ease. Then replace the sender with a new one.

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:51:36 -0500, jd rearranged some electrons to form:

Uh, did you check the dipstick?

Reply to
David M