one touch 4/wd

I just bought a 1987 ranger northlander with the one touch 4 wheel drive. I need to know how to engage and disengage the 4 wheel drive and low lock. Do you have to back up to both engage and disengage or just to disengage. I didnt get a owners manual with it so any help would be more than welcomed. Thank you Al

Reply to
hmmm

A sticker should be stuck to the sun visor on the driver side that tells you the rules of the system. If that's not there, it should be just like my 89. 4wd use only in slippery conditions. (no center differential in the transfer case) You can shift into 4WD High at any time though you may need to let off the gas to allow the shift to occur. you can shift out of 4WD high at any time, though it may not come out immediately if tension is on the driveline. i.e. it may come out of 4wd a little way down the road.

4WD low you must be stopped and in neutral to engage and disengage. you may need to back up for a few feet after you disengage 4WD low to get it to release.

may have more info for you on yourtruck.

Reply to
Mike H