ping sounds coming from cerpentine belt area

Ford Ranger 1999 2w dr Recently put on New cerpentine belt about 3 months ago or more, It is stratting to have a sound ( a bit of a pinging sound but comes when I accelarate and it comes from what sounds like a baring possibly... or friction

any suspects you think I should be looking at? When the engin is cold it is almost not hearable, as the engin gets hot and especially if accelarating up hill or just accelerating it begins to make the saound. can it be the alternator? can it be the pully? can it be a too loose a belt? or too tight? I bought it from ford dealer for my truck.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Belts squeal...not ping. I don't think this issue has anything to do with the belt you had installed three months ago.

Reply to
Advocate

Reply to
scott and barb" .