Racket from 01 explorer engine compartment w/ AC on

hi all,

I am hearing a loud vibration or rattling type noise from my 01 explorer when I idle with the AC on. I had a similar noise after changing the serpentine belt, turned out the pretensioner was bad, so they replaced it. Twice. The latest is a ford factory tensioner. THis noise (current) is louder with the AC on. The AC works great, no noticable problems. Any idea what it could be, other than anaother bad tensioner?

Reply to
John McKelvey

"John McKelvey" snipped-for-privacy@cwo.com wrote in news:AxUge.35054$fx3.25467@okepread02:

Had a noise on 94 explorer with ac on. Had to rebuild the ac clutch.

Reply to
spdsl

Update: My mechanic says is the tensioner. This will be the 3rd time they have replaced it. How often do these things go out!? Or did I just get 2 bad ones. The first one lasted 1 week, then they put in a Ford Tensioner. This was about 3 weeks ago.

Reply to
John McKelvey