radiator flush question

I want to flush the radiator in my 97 Ranger w/ 4cyl engine but I've never done that before.How can I be sure I don't leave any air pockets inside after I'm done? TIA Tom Seattle

Reply to
I Love Edsels

Refill the radiator with the engine running and the heater control on full hot, to avoid air in the system. Also flush & fill the coolant recovery tank with

50/50 mix.
Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

You may also want to have the front of the vehicle up on ramps or jackstands so air bubbles can migrate towards the upper radiator hose and radiator cap.

Also make sure the overflow tank is filled and the overflow tube to it is clear

Reply to
Vito

thanks for the info

Reply to
I Love Edsels

lmfao use the proper tool a vacume filler you retard

h u r c a s t

Reply to
fordman3

vacume???? What's vacume tool? Talk about being a 'retard'! Before you throw stones, it would be wise to learn to spell the words you use. Possibly you meant....vacuum?

Helpful posts are always appreciated. Hope you appreciate this one...

Dave

Reply to
putt

I think that spelling is a derivative of the way one of the guys at work spells it. "vaqume"

Somehow I doubt that.

Reply to
invalid unparseable