regarding adding acetone for better gas mileage see

this site :

i wanted to try it but afraid of eating up internal parts..but this guy says he tested everyhing and no harm no foul.....i saw guy post in here about acetone so i put site i had been looking at with definitive dissertation on acetone up in group here....maybe makes it clearer... there are guys on ebay selling gas mileage gizmos and info even guy selling info on acetone use....i hear that some of these things reduce smog output considerably....i had one called a vitalizer on my vehicle it really lowered smog output but mileage only 1 mpg better....you'd think the way computers change every year that same energy could be put into vehicles for mpg increase.

Reply to
ebidd

I know it's not your purpose for posting here, but here is the test results for the Vitalizer III retrofit device:

There was apparently an 8.6% increase in emissions.

Reply to
I. Care

re vitalizer ..i had vitalizer #1 i guess got it from guy from trade show selling it from inventor....i had my vehicle before and after on the smog test mechanics machine and the results were smog way down across the board with it on car passed, with it off car wouldnt pass..this was long time ago over 12 years.i looked at Vitalizer- lower vehicle emissions and increased fuel economy - ORTMAN Enterprises Address:

and it looks like same gizmo piece of flared copper tubing with precious dis-similar metal bar inside....trade show guy installed it had to test brands of fuel line hose with ohm meter so no conductivity (napa was best one) and fuel filter inside carb had to be removed certain specific anti static installation things were done and distances of line cuts from carb otherwise it doesn't work right, he knew what he was doing...maybe gov fudged on install...i don't believe the gov test.....sorry not from what i saw...if anyone asked me opion on vitalizer if buy one or not i would recommend to buy it to pass smog and good for older cars to pass.the mileage improvement is better on small engines 4 cyl guy said got 4 to 6 mpg i had 460 cu inch only 1 mpg more... the stickers on new cars don't show actual mpg they state much higher than is reality epa doesn't test right......i have a high mileage carb site i found i have to see if i posted it in here......

Reply to
ebidd

Here are some more tests on magnets, tornado and other crap

some are actually funny,

"When smoke started to fill the dyno room, we interrupted the test and redressed the wires and capacitor blocks more securely. But when one on the right bank liquefied and dripped onto the manifold, we had flames a good 2 ft. tall, requiring the use of a 20-pound fire extinguisher."

:-))

Reply to
johanb

You are precisely the type of customer that the trade show "artists" love to see.

Reply to
Al Bundy

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:06:52 -0700, Al Bundy rearranged some electrons to form:

What more would you expect from a Web TV subscriber?

Reply to
David M