replacement apc headlight housing 2001 ford f150?

hi, Has any tried on of these units - do they distribute tthe light in a better pattern than OEM?

I have tried the xeon 65/55 9007 bulbs in my stock housing. they are a little brighter, but the housing still leaves gaps of no light. Driving on roads with out street lights, or poorly lit highways, I was going to add separate fog or driving lights when I came accross the these combo replacement housings.

Since they claim to be made for Ford Racing, I would think they have to meet certain Ford standards such as aiming and impact resistance? John

Reply to
John Cadella

I found these links too for another brand and another source for apc:

Then I found an article that said they bought the clear eruo upgrade housing and the light pattern was no better than stock. not sure what to do. john

or

John Cadella

> or

If you have the money the HID lights are the way to go. Very nice light output but very pricey and HAVE to be adjusted correctly or you will blind all the people coming at you. Replacement parts if you break a light down the road is going to cost you allot also. A friend has them in his and they are awesome to say the least in the F150. MUCH MUCH better than stock lights. I installed the Lightning (SVT) clear headlamps and turn signals in mine with Sylvania Silverstars and it made a world of difference over the stock lights. Getting rid of the fluted lens that was standard and putting clear ones in lets me see the road now. I also added the valance with foglights and put the Silverstars in there also. Nice and bright for the back country roads. I have heard people having an issue with water vapor/moisture in the Ford Racing projector lamps and the beam isn't as good for lighting up the road. Check to make sure they are not knock offs of some sort and are DOT certified.......

Reply to
FordStyle

any suggestions where I can get a valance for fog lights for my f150? I think on ebay, one of the seller's said moisture in the lense housing is not warranttied-something about the adhesive not bonding because they sell so many.? john

> > or

John Cadella

> > > or

Joe Sumbody