? about battery light

I have a 1995 Explorer XL with both the Idiot lights and gauges.

Today i changed the serpentine belt and all was fine. Then tonight the wife went out to drive it and the battery light flashed on and off and would stay on for a bit and then off. The Gauge showed it was charging.

I checked the battery with a voltmeter while engine off and it showed 12.7 volts and then checked the alt output thru a range of rpm's while running and it showed 14.3.

The battery is older and the cables look like the connectors have seen better days. I bought this car on the cheap last week so I figure new battery at the min and maybe connectors or new cables.

Anyway anyone have this happen to them and what was it?

Any input or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Reply to