2.5L Engine for replacement in 1997 wrangler

Has anyone used this engine to replace and old 2.5L wrangler engine? I have a 2.5L with the ax5 5-speed. I want to have a new engine on hand to swap at a later time when I need it. Here is the URL of what is available on EBay:

dogtownsr66

dogtownsr66

They sure are pretty, aren't they? It sure looks to me as if this would fit, maybe even all the accessories. A couple things to think about are where and how long do you plan to store the engine, until you need it? Unless you completely trash your existing engine, I imagine you could get it rebuilt by a local rebuilder with a good reputation. You might be better off keeping money on hand, too, just in case that AX5 needs rebuilt. You are just wasting money if you buy something you don't really need.

Earle

Earle Horton